FILMS FOR A WORLD
Unlimited support – a fundraiser event in support of SOS MEDITERRANEE e.V.
When: 2 March at 8 pm
Where: Kino Babylon Mitte in the Great Hall
Rosa-Luxemburg-Str. 30; 10178 Berlin, Germany
We, filmmakers who organize this film evening, are horrified at the massive loss of refugees’ lives at Europe’s external borders. People drown in the Mediterranean Sea, bleed to death while attempting to cross the border fences of Ceuta and Melilla and succumb to freezing temperatures on the Balkan route -. The European policy of sealing external borders has a share in the responsibiliy for this tragedy.
We are spectators of one of the biggest crimes in European post-war history. But we do not wish to turn a blind eye.
The film evening is organized in support of SOS MEDITERRANEE e.V., a European organization with a mission to rescue people in the Mediterranean Sea. Its commitment continues to be indispensable. Thanks to the efforts of this organization, more than 8,000 people have been saved from drowning.
Your donations allow for this vital work to continue. Four euros from each entry ticket go to SOS MEDITERRANEE – literally a drop in the ocean.
Therefore, in addition, we ask you to generously contribute to the fundraiser for SOS MEDITERRANEE e.V. – In order to facilitate donations, representatives of the organization will be attending the event.
The organizers wish to thank the cinema Babylon, which has waived part of their income, as well as Babelsberg Konrad Wolf and the German Film and Television Academy Berlin, who declined to charge a screening fee in support of SOS MEDITERRANEE.
More about the organization: http://sosmediterranee.org
Films from the Film Academy Babelsberg Konrad Wolf
- IMRAAN C / O CARROM CLUB – Germany, 2014, Director: Udita Bhargava, documentary, 14 min
- LITTLE MISS NEUKÖLLN – Germany, 2010, Director: Stepan Altrichter & Stefan Höh, documentary, 15 min
- FLAMINGO PRIDE – Germany, 2011, Director: Tomer Eshed, Animation film, 6 min
Films of the German Film and Television Academy Berlin (DFFB)
- BERLIN TROIKA – Germany, 2014, Director: Andrej Gontcharov, Cast: Matthew Burton, Dieter Wardetzky,
Alexander Khuon, Sebastian Blomberg, Length: 10 min, OmU
- THE HOUSE In THE ENVELOPE – Germany, 2015, Director: Sanela Salketic, Cast: Demet Gül, Özer Arslan,
Vedat Erincin, Aysan Sumercan, Length: 16 min, OmU
- SCHÜTZERRAUM – Germany, 2014, Director: Zora Rux, Cast: Maelle Giovanetti, Gorges Ocloo, Thelma
Buabeng, Franziska Wulf, Viola Neumann, Sven Taddicken, Length: 13 min, UmO
Prisma Vision Films:
- OUT OF ORDER – Spain, 2006, Director: Lucia Vannucchi, with: Angel Burgos, Fanny Condado,
Length: 4 min, OmU
- Craig Judelman and the Milksoup Orchestra – Germany, 2017 Director: Stephan Talneau, Music Group Craig Judelman and the Milksoup Orchestra, Length: 4 min,
Directors Lucia Vannucchi (Instituto del Cine de Madrid and the International Film and TV School of San Antonio de Los Baños, Cuba) and Bianca Bodau (Film Academy Babelsberg Konrad Wolf) initiated and curated this film evening, in the hope that the students of the film academies will invite their relatives, friends and acquaintances, patrons and groupies to the cinema, to spend a wonderful evening together and support the extraordinary work of SOS Mediteranee with their donations.
Bianca Bodau: * firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucia Vannucchi: * email@example.com